It’s Valentine’s Day, a day to treat someone you love, treat yourself or both. But what can you make that’s easy, delicious and romantic? Nothing says “I heart you” like a batch of homemade cannabis-infused chocolate strawberries! This dessert takes less than an hour to make. It will impress – and elevate – your sweetie.
- 15-20 medium-sized strawberries
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, or your favourite chocolate (roughly chopped)
- 1 tsp cannabis butter or cannabis oil (optional)
- Small saucepan
- Heatproof spatula
- Baking sheet
- Wax paper
- Rinse your strawberries gently, making sure not to bruise them. Dry your berries on a paper towel.
- While the berries are drying, line your baking sheet with wax paper.
- Melt your chocolate chips and cannabis butter over low heat, stirring frequently until smooth.
Note: If you do not have cannabis butter, you can also mix in your preferred amount of cannabis oil to the chocolate after you have turned off the element.
- Dip or roll your strawberries in the chocolate, allowing excess chocolate to drip back into the pan before placing each strawberry on the wax paper.
- Refrigerate your strawberries uncovered for about 30 minutes, or until the chocolate is firm.
Tips for top-notch cannabis-infused chocolate strawberries
- Make sure your strawberries are dry before beginning. This will help the chocolate coating stay on the strawberry.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. Line the bottom with paper towel to help keep your treats dry, and not soggy!
- If you use cannabis oil instead of cannabis butter, your chocolate will likely soften more quickly at room temperature. Refrigerate your treats until your Valentine arrives!